The Road to SDN Starts NowVyatta delivers a clear-cut strategy toward SDN
What is Software-Defined Networking?
SDN has rapidly emerged as one of the hottest trends in the datacenter because it offers specific and measurable improvements in cost, speed of deployment and the efficiency of operations. At the core of SDN is the promise of a programmable, abstract and isolated network controlled by software, as compared to the traditional, hardware-centric networking strategy that has ruled for nearly 30 years.
What is Empowering SDN?
Empowering SDN is an initiative designed by Vyatta (press release) aimed at guiding enterprises and cloud providers in building a SDN strategy.
The Vyatta Empowering SDN program enables companies to take steps now, using established protocols like OSPF and BGP, to create agile, capacity-on-demand networks for the future. With Vyatta Network OS, network engineers and architects can:
- Utilize the Vyatta API to start today, by integrating software-based routers and firewalls into their management tools and server deployment infrastructure
- Adopt a consistent routing and security approach to span existing production server farms and emerging, trial SDN-enabled server farms
- Build toward, rather than catch-up to, the new SDN enabled operating environment
Looking for more information on how Vyatta can help your company? Here are a few starters:
- Press Release: Empowering SDN – Vyatta’s Networking Products Pave the Way
- Whitepaper: The Road to SDN
- Web Page: Vyatta and the Software-Defined Network
Vyatta can help you get started today with a 30-day trial or if you have more questions, we can provide some answers.