Release 6.4 marks Vyatta's 14th major release to date and focuses on the optimization and performance of Vyatta's virtual machines.
One of the major updates you will notice in Vyatta Subscription Edition (VSE) 6.4 is an updated GUI. While you may recall Release 6.3 introducing a revamped GUI, Release 6.4 adds a couple of features:
- Dashboard: This is a central point for managing and monitoring a single Vyatta system and provides a paneled overview of interfaces, services and system status. This helps identify and troubleshoot issues quickly and efficiently.
- Statistics: Simplifies network reporting with easy to use graphs
Both tabs help you drill down into the raw data for increased insight into system performance.
In addition to the GUI enhancements, Vyatta has also included significant improvements “under the hood” aimed at providing better optimization and performance. A short list of the new features/updates include:
- Upgrade improvements for bare-metal installations (VSE only)
- Virtualization upgrade improvements (VSE only)
- VMware vSphere 5 support (VSE only)
- XenServer 6.0 support (VSE only)
- Global stateful behavior for firewall
- Connection Tracking Enhancements
- Enhanced Connection Sync Functionality - Support for seamless failover of FTP, SIP and H.323 connections
- NAT Enhancements
- CLI Enhancements
- Operations Mode Enhancements
For additional information on what’s new in Release 6.4, here are some additional resources: